We are Car Park Services Company Limited (NI019831) a car park management company and Cosmo Airport Car Park which is owned and operated by Car Park Services Limited
This policy explains how we will use any personal data (i.e. information about you and your vehicle) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in order to provide you with parking services under our parking contract with you. This policy should be read together with our parking and payment terms with can be found on our car park signage & on the Cosmo website.
We, Car Park Services Company Limited of 36 Great Patrick Street, Belfast, BT1 2LT are the Data Controller and this policy explains how we comply with data protection law.
What data is processed?
Entering and remaining in the parking area of a car park managed by us, or Cosmo Airport Car Park, may result in your personal data being collected, processed and retained. We may capture your details including vehicle registration via ANPR, patrol officers and/or via payment terminals and associated payment services providers. The data gathered is needed to determine compliance with the terms and conditions of the parking contract with us.
We may receive information about you from third parties and from you directly. When you contact us, in writing, electronically and/or via the telephone you are providing personal data. All information we collect and receive about you will be processed in accordance with this policy.
Your personal information
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your account. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
What is the purpose of processing personal data?
We obtain, use, retain and where necessary share personal information in a proportionate way and in accordance with data protection law. Our purpose for processing personal information is:
- to provide effective car park management
- to improve parking services
- to ensure compliance with the parking contract and pursue any party who may become liable for parking charges
- to assist with the prevention and detection of crime.
- to provide the parking service at Cosmo Airport Car Park.
What is the lawful basis for processing personal data?
Our lawful bases for processing personal data are:
- Contract – Processing is necessary for performance of the parking contract which has been formed when you enter and remain in the parking area
- Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs, charges and sums due and promoting the safety and security of the parking area.
- When you have searched for prices and availability and are ready to continue with your booking, we will ask for some details such as your name, e-mail address and vehicle details. We ask you for your telephone number in case we need to contact you regarding your booking.
- We do not store or have access to your credit/debit card details directly. The payment gateways are used in order to take payments.
Who do we share data with and why?
We will only share data in a way that is proportionate to the purposes explained above and ensure your information is processed securely.
We will only share information about you and your vehicle with the types of organisations listed below:
- Where a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) is issued under the parking and payment terms of the parking contract, the PCN may be placed on the vehicle or sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle by post. In both cases we may request the registered keeper’s details from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). We may provide the DVLA with data captured by our cameras or by our parking attendants.
- Where you are not the registered keeper of a vehicle that caused a PCN to be issued, we may share data with a vehicle hire or lease company or an individual that has confirmed it hired, leased or authorised your use of the vehicle at the relevant time.
- Where necessary to in relation to a PCN we may share data about the registered keeper (name, address, registration number, details of the parking contravention including movements within the parking area) with:
- agents who act on our behalf such as legal advisors, debt recovery agents and bailiffs (where applicable) in order to resolve disputes and recover sums due;
- Our Accredited Trade Association, the British Parking Association, in relation to dealing with PCN queries, complaints and appeals
- Landowners, managing agents and tenants of land within which we manage car parks
- Authorised agents such as court officers, subcontractors, mail providers, IT providers, business process providers, payment service providers, credit reference agencies and collection agents.
- Where necessary, for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime, we may share or be requested to share data about you or your vehicle with the police or other security organisations
- We use the services of data processors acting on our behalf, some may store personal data outside the European Economic Area where we have in place the appropriate safeguards required by data protection law.
- We don't share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve our service.
- We use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of www.cosmoparking.com, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will store your personal data for no longer than necessary to support the purposes explained above. We keep the personal data we hold about you for up to a maximum of 6 years from the date of collection unless related correspondence or legal claims are on-going.
Security of your Data
We will keep all your information including DVLA keeper details, information provided to us by third parties, your written and electronic correspondence and telephone messages securely and confidentially.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission via the internet is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply our security safeguards to prevent unauthorised access.
Yes, we use 'temporary cookies', which are used during the booking process. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Your data rights
In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the following rights to:
- Be informed how we process your data as explained above
- Access the information we hold about you. You can do this by making a subject access request.
- Ask us to
- rectify information about you that is incorrect or incomplete
- Delete (erase) information about you
- Restrict how we process your information
- Transfer your data in an accessible electronic format
- Object to our processing of your information
- Complain to us via our contact details below
- Complain to the data regulator, the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) via www.ICO.org.uk
Please contact us using the details below if you wish to assert your rights ensuring you provide proof of your identity with any request. Under data protection law we must verify your identify before carrying out your request or supplying any information and we must provide you with an explanation if we do not agree with your request. We will respond to your request within one calendar month from the date your identity has been confirmed.
Contact details and further information
If you would like more information about how we process your data or if you wish to assert any of your rights set out above please contact our data protection privacy team by:
- Email email@example.com
- Write to us at: Data Protection, 36 Great Patrick Street, Belfast BT1 2LT