1. BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- Bookings can be made online, by telephone, or in person.
- Bookings are charged inclusively of each day and each part day that the vehicle is in the car park. The parking period commences at 00.00 on the first day of parking and finishes at 23.59 on the last day of parking.
- Cancellations to any 'flexible' booking can be made by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the parking period begins, in which case a full refund will be given. Any email sent to the Company to cancel a booking must contain the Customer’s booking reference number.
- The customer will be charged the full car parking fee in the event that they do not turn up or if they fail to cancel their booking before the parking period is due to begin.
- Please note: Bookings made at the special 'discounted rate' price cannot be amended, and no refund will be given if the booking is cancelled.
2. PRICES, PAYMENTS & AMENDMENTS
- The price to be paid by the customer will be in pounds sterling (including VAT).
- All monies owing to the Company by the Customer must be paid at the time of leaving the vehicle at the car park.
- Any changes to the booking on the date of arrival at the car park may affect the total cost of the booking.
- Any vehicles that are collected after the agreed collection time are subject to further charges at the daily rate then being in place.
- No monies will be refunded to the Customer in the event that they return prior to the date of the agreed collection time.
- The Company requires not less than 2 hours notice to make a Customer’s vehicle available for collection in the event that they return prior to the date of the agreed collection time.
- Any monies owing to the Company as a result of delays or a change in return date must be paid in full before the vehicle is released.
- Whilst every effort will be made not to change prices during a period for which they have been expressed to be valid, the Company reserves the right to change prices at any time whether or not it gives notice of its intention to do so.
3. TIME OF ARRIVAL
The Customer is responsible for arriving at the car park in good time in order to ensure that they do not miss their flight. The Company will not accept liability for any loss suffered by the Customer if they do not arrive in good time and subsequently miss their flight.
4, SECURING YOUR VEHICLE
- Unless requested by the Company or one of its employees or agents not to do so, the Customer should ensure that before they leave their vehicle that;
- All windows of the vehicle are securely closed;
- In the case of convertible cars, that the hood is up and properly secured.
Customers must remove all of their possessions and personal property from the vehicle when they arrive at the car park. The Company does not accept liability for any damage to the personal property of a customer which is left in the vehicle during the car parking period.
6. CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY
- The Customer must ensure that, before leaving the vehicle with the Company that it is in a roadworthy condition and is taxed and holds a current MOT Certificate (if applicable) at least until the date of the last day of the parking period.
- The Customer must not leave any dangerous, toxic or illegal substances in the vehicle.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to accept a car which fails to meet any of the requirements of paragraphs 6.1 or 6.2.
- The Customer must make the Company aware of any vehicle immobiliser, automatic security feature or any other modification to the vehicle that may affect how it handles or operates.
- The Customer must only leave the necessary key(s) to enable the Company to operate the vehicle. The Company does not accept any responsibility for any other key other than the key(s) which operates the vehicle.
- When reclaiming their vehicle at the end of the parking period the Customer must produce the parking ticket provided to them by the Company at the time when their vehicle was checked in. The Company accepts no liability for any delay in returning the vehicle to the Customer in the event that the parking ticket is lost.
- Before leaving the car park at the end of the car parking period, the Customer must inspect the vehicle and immediately report any damage to the Company. The Company will not accept any liability for any damage which is reported by the Customer after they have exited the car park at the end of the car parking period.
7. THE COMPANY’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES
- The Company will accept liability for death or personal injury in the event that it is proven to have been caused by the negligence of the Company or one of its employees.
- Subject to clause 7.6 the Company will accept liability for damage to the paintwork, bodywork or windscreens of the vehicle, which has been reported by the Customer prior to them leaving the car park at the end of the car parking period and which is proved to have been caused by the negligence of the Company or one of its employees. The Customer authorises the Company to carry out repairs to the vehicle where the Company believes that they or one of their employees have caused damage to the vehicle during the parking period.
- For the purpose of paragraph 7.2, the Company reserves the right to photograph or video the Customer’s vehicle when they enter and leave the car park and after any purported damage is reported to the Company.
- The Company does not accept any liability for any mechanical or electrical failure of the Customer’s vehicle whilst in its custody.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage which is covered by any insurance policy of the Customer (including but not limited to car, house and holiday insurance).
- The Company shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to the Customer’s vehicle which is caused by any act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest or any other event beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
- In the event that a vehicle of the Customer is damaged or stolen during the car parking period, the Customer should;
- Immediately inform the Duty Manager of the Company;
- In the case of theft, immediately inform the Police; and
- Promptly notify their Insurers.
- A complaint must be reported to the Company before the Customer exits the car park at the end of the car parking period.
MOVING AND RELOCATION OF VEHICLES
- The Company reserves the right, during the parking period, to move the Customer’s vehicle to another secure parking site to such extent as the Company may in their discretion deem necessary for the efficient arrangement of its parking facilities, in cases of emergency or in order to avoid accidents or obstructions.
- To the extent that it may be necessary to do so in the exercise of the rights conferred upon the Company under paragraph 9.1, the Company and its servants or agents shall have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on a public highway.
- The Customer should ensure that there is sufficient fuel in the vehicle to enable the Company to move or relocate the vehicle under paragraph 9.1. The Customer will be charged for the cost of any fuel that the Company is required to put into the vehicle in order to move or relocate same.
Every vehicle, together with any accessories, equipment or articles contained in or on the vehicle, is subject to a lien for all charges due or accruing from the Customer to the Company. If the said lien is not satisfied within 28 days of the date that the Company gives notice to the Customer at his last known address of its intention to sell the vehicle in default of payment, the Company may sell the vehicle and the proceeds of sale may be applied in and towards the satisfaction of all sums owing to the Company by the Customer together with any reasonable expenses incurred by the Company in connection with the sale.
Every Customer who enters into a contract with the Company for the parking of a vehicle in the car park, does so on behalf of themselves and all other persons having any proprietary, possessory or other financial or material interest in the vehicle and its contents.
12. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
- No vehicle shall be towed into the car park and no work on or cleaning of vehicles by a Customer or their agents shall be done in the car park except with the permission of the Company.
- No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of the vehicle is permitted to be carried out at the car park.
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company Secretary or a Director of the Company.
14. VEHICLE SIZE
The car park only accepts bookings for cars and small vans. If the Customer is in any doubt as to whether or not their vehicle will be accepted please contact the Company on 028 94 422777.
- "The Company" shall mean Car Park Services Limited whose registered office address is at 36 Great Patrick Street, Belfast, BT1 2LT but where the car park is managed or operated by a subsidiary company shall include that subsidiary company.
- "Vehicle" shall mean the vehicle which is received into the car park and shall include any mechanical device on wheels or tracks together with any accessories, equipment or articles contained in or on the vehicle.
- "Customer" shall include any limited company, unincorporated association, person or persons who have entered or who are entering the Company’s car parks and shall include the servants, employees, agents, contractors, licencees and any person authorised or appearing to be authorised to act on behalf of or represent such a limited company, unincorporated association, person or persons to drive or have control of the vehicles.